Here are notes on our latest software release. Some may find it hard to believe, but the SmartBuild development team issues a release once every two weeks! Take a look at all the new stuff!
What would you like to see in a future release?
- Truss Catalog – SmartBuild now supports a catalog of trusses with cost and price.
- A truss catalog can be uploaded and edited (similar to other materials.)
- The program will recognize a job-specific truss in the catalog based on top chord, span, pitch, heel height, overhangs, spacing, and type.
- If a job-specific truss is not found in the truss catalog, then the program allows you to add the truss to the catalog or just add it to the job with a price adjustment.
- Attached buildings that are taller than the main building side wall will now apply overframe/valley framing and extend the roof steel.
- Lot’s of additional ‘tokens’ are now available to populate job specific Word document outputs like proposals and quotes.
- These include model data like spacings and materials used, summary prices, door, and window lists, additional building information, snapshots and more.
- Configurable CSV export for custom material outputs
- Define columns, order, and headings for custom Excel material outputs
- Consolidate by material and length for pick lists
- Leave out header rows for interfaces with other accounting systems and more…
- With the exception of post, ‘None’ is now a valid selection for framing and trim materials to accommodate situations where you do not want a material automatically applied to the model (such as roofs with wood sheathing can set purlins to ‘None’).
- The Total Price of the job is now calculated and displayed while modeling.
Bugs and other fixes:
- Wall sheathing is now shortened appropriately for overhang returns
- Top edge of wall steel on rafter sheds (and other rafter framed roofs) is now run up to the underside of the roof sheathing when there is no overhang.
- Truss blocks with double truss headers/carriers are no longer cutting the top of posts.
- Fascia is no longer placed when no overhang is present