Are you a post frame supplier who dives under the desk when calls come in from contractors looking for help with their bids? Do you shudder at the thought of drowning in a sea of spreadsheets as YOU build the final material takeoff? Have you resigned yourself to preemptively paying for inevitable errors? If you answered yes to any of the above, you might be ready for SmartBuild Systems.
The 5 Signs It’s Time for SmartBuild
- You have a serious case of whiplash from the tedious back and forth process of helping contractors with bids. Without SmartBuild, contractors are taking specs from buyers over the phone, then spending hours manually adding quantities and pricing to spreadsheets. They try submitting the exact materials but lean on YOU to build the final material takeoff.
- Your fingers and your finances are taking a hit from the manhours needed to fulfill the order. Even on jobs where the contractors do the final takeoff, you or your staff are spending 200 hours per year manually entering data into your system and translating it into internal part numbers.
- You’re constantly getting high-fives from hot shot delivery drivers because your error rate is so huge. Because contractors manually enter data into spreadsheets, they have an inherently high error rate. As such, these errors often result in the delivery of wrong window sizes or incorrect color schemes. So, as a precaution – you routinely throw an additional $400-$500 worth of product on the quote, as it’s cheaper than sending missing items via hot shot delivery.
- You’d like to add more contractors, but they spend most of their time chasing deals they never close. Without SmartBuild, it can take contractors up to a week to get bids to prospective clients. Plus, in an effort to make up for lost time, they often email the bid rather than the preferred practice of delivering it in person. This inefficient and impersonal way of doing business costs contractors 75% of the jobs they bid.
- You wish you could increase your annual sales with the push of a button. Now you can! See below…
If you’re experiencing these common distributor disturbances – then all signs point to it being time for SmartBuild – the complete design system for post frame structures!
Once you’re a SmartBuild Supplier, your entire in-house inventory database is downloaded into your proprietary system. If you manufacture your own metal sheathing, trim, and trusses, your SmartBuild database also includes your price quote and color scheme. SmartBuild also houses your entire part-number system as well as standard sales contracts and bid form templates.
With SmartBuild, courting contractors is cake because business booms for everyone!
Once set up on your system, contractors trade spreadsheets for laptops and work face-to-face with buyers, building 3D models before their eyes. Finally, a tool that bridges the gap between what the buyer describes and how the finished building looks, with all the what-ifs they can imagine, updated in real-time! And the best part is, once the buyer is happy, the contractor pushes a button and SmartBuild does the rest:
- Populates the sales contract
- Compiles the bid and order using the custom database
- Calculates the price including materials, labor, and sales tax
- Builds a cut list for sheathing and trim
- Automatically generates construction drawings
- Creates a description of the building
- Emails and prints a copy for the buyer on the spot
Are you ready to grow your business and your bottom line? Then you’re ready for SmartBuild! Learn More.